Monday, September 7, 2009

Lee's bio

All About Me...

If I could only share one thing with you about me it would be that I truly believe we all have great potential. I believe that each and every person has the ability to create the life they desire. My mom, a very hardworking, independent, "woman's libber" (before there was a "woman's lib") taught me that we all have within us a powerful force for good; we have only to acknowledge and use it!

And so, my whole life I have created the life I want, as I am again doing now as I take this new path of creating my own business. When I wanted to leave the area for the winter time, I ended up owning a sailboat and sailing during January, February and March. When I wanted children, I ended up with 4 beautiful babies! When I wanted to work at Corning Incorporated, I interviewed everywhere, but knew that I would end up with a job at Corning. When I wanted a more family friendly job I procured one at my children's school. You see how my life as gone... and I expect the same this time as I embark on this new adventure...

Aside from that I'm an avid canoer, I own three, including a solo and find great peace paddling around the lakes and canals in upstate NY or the lakes of the Adirondacks--another favorite place. My four children are all grown, two still in college which is what has motivated me to look for a new adventure. I loved being a sailor, I loved being a mom and I loved working outside the home. Now it is time for something new. The empty nest is a great new phase in my life and I am embracing it wholeheartedly!

The best thing about having my own business is time freedom. I love being in charge of my life. I love deciding when to go to work. I love being able to work from anywhere. I can visit the grandchildren and get work done. I can visit friends in California and not lose touch with my work. I can visit family in North Carolina and work there as well. It is all up to me.

Additionally, I like knowing that if I am going to be on vacation this week, I will still be making money. Residual income is so important to me. I am done with working for an hour and getting paid for that hour. Now I work for an hour and get paid over and over again. A much smarter way to work! For me, it all started when my dear friend, a lawyer, a CEO, and a very ethical, straight-forward person came to me and said she had found just the thing for my next adventure! She was adamant that I look at this business. We have been friends for 30 years and she knew I was looking for something. She knew I had 3 kids in college at the same time. (--read that as I needed more money!) She knew I was very interested in health and wellness. And so... my adventure began.

I did my own due diligence. I found the perfect business that allowed me time freedom, money freedom, a team of people who support each other and work hard to succeed. Are you looking for any of the same things? What would you give up to have a business like this?

Are you willing to put aside some time each
day to work on your future?
Are you willing to work hard now, to achieve what you want later?

No comments:

Post a Comment