Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Will you SHOUT it OUT with me????

Ok my friends... here is a direct quote from a weekly online newsletter I recieve called, "Mind, Body & Spirit Fitness"

"You've eaten your weight in grapefruit, counted your share of fat grams,
and sworn off bread, pasta and every other carbohydrate, all in an effort to
squeeze into your skinny jeans. Now you can finally breathe easier. The
next big thing in weight loss isn't low-fat, low-flavor, or low-carb. It's
the low-glycemic index diet, and if you haven't already heard of it, you
will. Research is beginning to confirm what popular diet plans like The
South Beach Diet (St Martin's griffin, 2005) have been preaching for years:
Eating a diet composed mostly of foods with a low glycemic index may help you
cut calories without cravings by balancing blood-sugar levels."

Why am I quoting this particular piece? Because it is amazing to me, how long it takes for the word to come out on some things. I have been aware of how important low-glycemic eating is for the past 20 years. I really learned a lot about it in the past 5 years that I have been with Usana, as this company keeps it's associates and customers up to date with the latest research. And this article says research is "beginning?" to confirm????

Whew! I am so glad I hooked up with this company. Usana is on the cutting edge and has been for as long as I have been associated with them--and I suspect for as long as they have been in business!

Remember the "RESET" that I did for a week---all about low-glycemic eating! Tonight for dinner I had: skinless chicken breast, brown rice and steamed veggies. Yum! Low glycemic, filling, and well rounded! Real food! I am making a public announcement! I AM NEVER ...GOIN ON... A DIET... AGAIN!!!! I am just going to eat well! Are you with me on this??? Let me know Ladies! Let's take back out bodies, our health, our DIETS!!!! Shout it out!!!



2 comments:

  1. ....but I want BUTTER!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you want butter--we all do! I think the real thing is to choose when we eat it and when we don't. I have found that when I choose to eat it --but not to often, I not only enjoy it more, but it satisfies me more as well!

    ReplyDelete