Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Resisting Temptation and Being Prepared!

It is so hard, when I have been out shopping and doing errands for hours, to resist a quick stop at Wendy's for a crispy chicken sandwich with 2 containers of honey mustard to drown it in. My mouth is salivating just talking about it! I realize this may not be what grabs you--maybe it's a quarter pounder at McDonald's with a pepsi. One of my biggest temptations is the A&W's on the way to Syracuse--a hotdog with everything and a Rootbeer float... to die for!

So what's a full-blooded American to do? It is so easy--and cheap, to fill up when I am hungry. How do I manage to be out all day and not eat 2000 calories and a ton of highly saturated fat in one meal?

BE PREPARED! It is the Girl Scout motto after all. And the Boy Scout one as well, I believe. What do I like to eat that is healthy and portable? Sometimes I take containers of dried fruit and nuts with me. I always fill my water bottle before I leave the house--and water is easy to get when I need a refill. I also keep several Usana Nutrition Bars with me at all times-- a meal in a bar. If I eat one slowly, with a bottle of water, I feel totally satisfied afterwards! They come in several flavors--so it's easy to find one I like. I order them at www.healthilee.usana.com. The Usana shakes are easily portable as well-- I keep a pouch or two handy for a quick lunch that keeps me energized and satisfied.

So... I resist temptation by thinking ahead and being prepared. I plan for food--I know after a few hours I'll be looking for a snack if not a whole meal, so I make sure to have some healthy alternatives with me. I know my mind... I can rationalize a quick stop at Wendy's faster than you can read this sentence!

No comments:

Post a Comment