Thursday, April 19, 2012

Have YOU ever suffered from this???

You have all heard of penis envy... I haven't actually ever met any woman who suffered from this, but there must be someone out there who does, as someone coined the term.  I don't have this, in case you are wondering. BUT... I do have a disorder. It is debilitating. It affects my whole life. I suffer from it in the privacy of my home and in public. I suffer from it when I am with Joe... or family... or strangers. It affects my self image. It impacts my weight. I am ashamed. So ashamed...

I am not sure what to do about my problem. I can't admit it. I can't control myself. I keep thinking I will make a better choice next I time--and then 'next time' comes and goes and I am repeating the same behavior. I need help! I need a twelve step program--except I have never heard of a twelve step program for this. Ok. I have to 'man-up' and start my recovery myself. I guess the first step is to admit my problem. Alright... Here goes...

  I have "FOOD-ENVY!"

Yes. Its true. I cannot help but give Joe and I equal amounts of food. I know I need less than him....but then when I fill our plates..... Ahhhhh! There I go again! Making sure he doesn't have one pea more than I have!!! And family get togethers? Well, let me tell you, none of my siblings are getting that last cookie! Where did this come from? We always had enough food growing up. Of course, there were those four brothers of mine... Maybe that is what did it. They ate a lot and they ate it fast.  I don't really remember worrying about getting my fair share.... But I bet it's their fault! Of course, I realize placing blame will not help me recover. I have to take responsibility for my self and my actions. Ok, I take it back. It is not my brothers fault.... (well, maybe they were a contributing factor...)

Alright, I am making a public statement. I will pile my plate with LESS food than I give Joe tonight. Somehow, I have to keep in mind that I will make more delicious food tomorrow!  There is always more!  Internally, I react as though this is the only time I will ever have the chance to have divine food! Crazy!

Ok, all of you foodies out there, 'fess up!!! Do you suffer from "food-envy" and what are you going to do about it???

No comments:

Post a Comment