Monday, January 17, 2011

It's Just a Symbol

The point is...we women walk around with these big secrets.... the number of pounds we weigh... the number of years we have lived... and we are so stuck on what anyone else thinks of us. It inhibits us from being ourselves. It holds us back from being true to ourself.

To be truly healthy, we need to be healthy of mind, and spirit, as well as body. We need to be open and honest--with ourselves first to acheive what it is we we desire in life. If I am walking around hiding this symbol of my body weight... how can I put my attention on changing it? All of my attention is fixated on what it is and on hiding the symbol. We are able to create that which we put our attention on. Unfortunately, many of us put our attention on the negative, or on what it is we don't want. So... we create more of it!

I would like to tell you I weigh 140-- or even 135! Telling you I weigh 150 is not easy! But I know it makes no difference in how I look--I don't look fatter because I tell you 150--I still look like I look! If I want to weigh 140--I need to have all of my attention freed from thinking about what I don't want you to know... and focus it on what I do want--a healthier body!

The other thing to think about, is what is realistic. I am not likely to look like
Jennifer Lopez no matter what I do... even if I were 30 years younger. We have such unrealistic ideas about what is beautiful! I think all of us women need to acknowledge the beauty in ourselves. Our men love us... just as we are. It is time we did. This is not a commercial for encouraging unhealthy behavior. But we can be healthy and beautiful and not look like your average famous actress.

No comments:

Post a Comment