Thursday, January 20, 2011

Love Your Body!

When was the last time you walked around naked. I don't mean in the bathroom. I mean freely... reveling in the feel of the air on your skin, the sensuousness of being in your living room naked... of feeling the nap of the fabric on the sofa on your bare skin... feeling beautiful and lovely and sexy...

We all deserve this. We all need to feel this free. We all need to feel this much in touch with our bodies. It's like saying how much you weigh out loud. It is a step toward letting go of the focus on all that is not right about your body.

To change from the habits we have been in... we need some radical new behaviours. Your brain has been wired-- for years I suspect, to choose the high fat meal, to stop at Wendy's for a quick (extra 800 calories) snack, to eat a second or third helping. In order to rewire, you need to shake things up!

So I challenge you to choose someone you trust and love, and tell them how much you weigh, how old you are, what size pants you wear... and then...choose a time when you can be alone in your home... it may be two in the morning... and walk around naked! Feel Beautiful! Love your body! It is the only one you have... and if you have been abusing it for years... and you want to change... you have to start with something radical. You have to shake up the wiring in your brain!

When I moved into my own apartment, I have to tell you... the first time I walked naked from the bedroom to the living room, I felt like a "bad" girl! (I was all alone at the time--it was not connected to having sex or a guy being present) Whew! It was pretty exciting! It definitely shook up my brain cells! I realized I liked the freedom! I have spent so many years hiding my body... in my own bedroom no less... that it was truly an amazing experience to walk around freely. I felt sexy and beautiful and FREE!

Try it girls. You will be astounded at how you will feel. And, it will be another step in the direction of a healthy body. We aren't likely to treat our body well if we are ashamed of it, if we hate it, feel it's ugly. It's time to appreciate what is FABULOUS about our bodies! It is time to LOVE YOUR BODY!

1 comment:

  1. I tell my kids, "Love the skin you're in." River LOVES to run around naked. Maybe I would think it was fun too if I giggled like he does!
    Seriously though, at what point do we go from running around freely to trying to hide ourselves? You make good points. We are wired to think negatively, but positive things come from positive thoughts.(Tara H)

    ReplyDelete